If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Pokédex 3D was a free, but now outdated 3DS application showcasing a majority of the Pokémon in Generation V, as well as moves. It was later removed from the 3DS eShop in exchange for its updated counterpart, but those who downloaded it before its removal can re-download it at any time.
A separate, updated version of this app was released for paid download approximately a year after the original release, under the title Pokédex 3D Pro. It contains a number of upgrades from the first version:
- The application is now updated to include all 649 Pokemon known at the time, as well as several new moves and more information. It also sports Pokédex descriptions from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 as opposed to the descriptions from Pokémon Black and White. All Pokémon are also unlocked from the start (with the exception of Meloetta and Genesect.)
- The Pokédex now has a voice (that of the Unova Pokédex in the Pokémon anime,) and states the name of a Pokémon when selecting it's page. This voice also changes depending on the chosen language.
- There is a Challenge mode consisting of quizzes on identifying Pokémon based on their appearances and traits. Additional quizzes can be created using passwords, and by completing two quizzes unlocked by special passwords, one can unlock Meloetta and Genesect, as well as their signature moves.
- When photos of Pokémon are taken with AR cards, they can be shown on the Pokémon's page instead of the usual 3D model. If multiple have been taken of the same Pokémon, the pictures can be displayed in a slideshow.
- If multiple Pokémon are viewed simultaneously in the AR viewer, they can be ranked and compared based on various stats.
- In addition to the first three backgrounds, three more backgrounds (with different lighting effects) have been added that can be used while looking at Pokémon.
- Instead of just having the silence of the original application, there are now three different music tracks that can be played while examining Pokémon, as well as a few other tracks that play in other modes.