Pokkén Tournament (Wii U)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game featuring Pokémon with elements from the Tekken series.
|International Logo||German Logo|
In Germany, Pokkén Tournament was known as Pokémon Tekken. The German release of the game is the only one whose name does not utilize the portmanteau Pokkén, instead opting for a title with the separated terms while still making it clear that it is a Pokémon/Tekken crossover. The change may be due to the fact that the German word for smallpox, "Pocken", has a similar pronunciation to the term Pokkén.
This patch was distributed on release and activates online functions.
This patch was distributed on April 12. Adjustments were made to several characters and supports.
- Shadow Mewtwo:
- Shadow Mewtwo's backward ranged attack is adjusted to have more delay when using Miracle Eye after it. If this move is boosted by Miracle Eye, it will have more pushback and cause a Phase Shift. There is no change in damage.
- If Shadow Mewtwo's side ranged attack is activated while another is still running, the first one will be cancelled.
- Miracle Eye-boosted attacks have reduced shield damage.
- Miracle Eye's recharge time in Field Phase is increased.
- Mewtwo's Confusion is easier to dodge in midair. It is also harder to perform a Critical Hit with Confusion, and the hitstun is reduced.
- Mewtwo's jumping attack and midair strong attack now nullify long-range attacks, but can also now be countered.
- Sceptile: A glitch where using Bullet Seed followed by a hang would cause Sceptile to drop through the floor has been fixed.
- Pikachu Libre: A glitch that caused Pikachu Libre to pass through its opponent when the opponent was against a wall has been fixed.
- Support Pokémon:
- Reshiram's support attack, Blue Flare, no longer weakens a shield to red. Its maximum damage is also reduced from 132 to 102.
- A glitch where Umbreon's Snarl would not appear if the opponent had used Pachirisu's Support has been fixed.
Besides that, raising and lowering Defense for all characters now boosts and weakens its shield, respectively.
Additionally, an error in the North American version of the patch prevented players in that region from playing online against players from other regions, and vice versa. This issue was fixed following emergency server maintenance.
The Tekken series
|Arcade||Tekken 3 • Tekken 4|
|PlayStation||Tekken • Tekken 2 • Tekken 3|
|PlayStation 2||Tekken Tag Tournament • Tekken 4|
|PlayStation 3||Street Fighter X Tekken • Tekken Tag Tournament HD|
|Windows, Xbox 360||Street Fighter X Tekken|
|Game Boy Advance||Tekken Advance|
|Wii U||Pokkén Tournament|