Proto:Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Master System, Game Gear)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Master System, Game Gear).
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
Porting from one system to another can be tough, as can be seen with the Game Gear prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear, Prototype)
File: Sonic 1 proto.zip (info)
- There is no Sega logo in the beginning, as with the Master System version.
- Sonic is placed further right at level startup.
- Sonic's palette changes to a darker blue when passing the end-of-Act sign.
- A strange strip appears at the top of the level briefly, probably a glitch as touching it does nothing.
- The invincibility stars are more similar to the Master System version. The final Game Gear game has four stars.
- Sonic's sprites are nearly identical to the Master System version, with some minor palette alterations.
- Various things have yet to be added to accommodate the smaller screen size, such as warning signs near spike pits.
- The map layout is slightly different compared to the other versions.
- The mountain range has a similar hue to the Master System version.
- The Game Over screen is messed up due to some tile rearrangement.
- The credits are still in the ROM. Aside from a messed-up palette, it's 100% identical to the Master System version.
- Green Hill Act 1 is the only playable stage without hacking. To play Green Hill Act 2, go to offset 155FE and change C4 to B6.
- Using level modifier codes, it's possible to play other stages, but most either crash, are empty, or are missing their art.