Proto:Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn).
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
|Download Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn) (Oct 8, 1996 prototype)
File: Sonic_3D_(Tech_Demo_-_Oct_08).rar (3.33 MB) (info)
Released by drx as part of the February 23, 2008 proto dump, this was a semi-early build of Sonic 3D Blast on the Sega Saturn, dated October 8th 1996 (Exactly one month before its final American build date).
- Pressing Start skips levels. Sometimes this causes the game to lock up.
- Pressing A does a Spin Dash, while B and C are the jump buttons. In the final game, B does a Spin Dash, while A and C are the jump buttons.
- No bosses are present.
- Tails and Knuckles do appear in their intended positions but they won't take Sonic to their Special Stages.
- Diamond Dust Act 2, as well as both main acts of Volcano Valley, are absent.
- The only sound in this build is the sound effect of Sonic losing his rings, and it only plays on the title screen.
- Though the main menu has three buttons, they all sport the "Start" option.
- Later levels after Rusty Ruin don't have the necessary amount of badniks required to progress after a gate ring, and are impassable without skipping.
Proper sprite/texture rips and comparisons would be nice.
Several Zones either have unfinished art, or borrow art straight from the Genesis version.
The title screen is a higher quality version of the one in the Genesis game.
The menu buttons use a more watery texture, and also all buttons are start, as previously mentioned. The background also uses a higher quality version of the menu background seen in the Genesis game's 825 prototype.
The Flicky series
|Genesis||Flicky • Sonic 3D Blast (Prototypes)|
|Windows||Sonic 3D Blast|
|Sega Saturn||Sonic 3D Blast (Prototype)|