Proto:Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn).
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
|Download Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn) (Oct 8, 1996 prototype)
File: Sonic_3D_(Tech_Demo_-_Oct_08).rar (3.33 MB) (info)
Oct 8, 1996 prototype of Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Saturn), dated Oct 8, 1996, was released by drx during the February 23, 2008 proto release. It is the only known beta of Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn) so far.
- Pressing Start will skip levels. Sometimes this will cause the game to lock up.
- Pressing A does a Spin Dash, while B and C are the jump buttons. In the final game, B does a Spin Dash, while A and C are the jump buttons.
- No bosses are present.
- Tails and Knuckles do appear in their intended positions but trying to access the special stages will not work.
- Three Acts are missing - Diamond Dust 2, as well as both Volcano Valley 1 and 2.
- This particular demo lacks any music or sound in-game. The only sound is on the title screen, where it plays the ring loss sound.
- The main menu only has a "Start" option.
- Later levels after Rusty Ruin don't have all badniks implemented yet which means they are impossible to beat without the use of the Start button.
Several Zones either have unfinished art or borrow art straight from the Genesis version.
The title screen is nearly identical to the one in the Genesis version.
The menu uses a different texture, and also all buttons are start. The background also uses a higher resolution of the infamous Strabismus Sonic render.
The Flicky series
|Genesis||Flicky • Sonic 3D Blast (Prototypes)|
|Windows||Sonic 3D Blast|
|Sega Saturn||Sonic 3D Blast (Prototype)|