Sonic the Hedgehog Mobile
|Sonic the Hedgehog Mobile|
Also known as: Sonic the Hedgehog Part 1, Sonic the Hedgehog Part 2 (IFone; US/EU), Sonic the Hedgehog (JP)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Sonic 1 on a mobile phone before the iPhone port. Originally released through the Japan-only Sonic Cafe service (for I-Mode devices) and later given an inferior port to J2ME which was then provided as one full game or in two parts depending on the carrier.
It seems this version served as the basis for the Game Boy Advance port, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, which is generally considered to be the worst port of Sonic 1.
Leftover graphics from the removed Special Stage remain in the data.
At the title screen, press 2, 3, 0, 6, 9, 1 (23/06/91, the US/European release date of the original game) to unlock the cheat menu.
- INVINCIBILITY - Makes you invincible.
- UNLOCK LEVELS (Part 1 only) - Allows you to play all of the levels from Part 1 and Part 2. This option doesn't exist in the Japanese release, as it wasn't released as two separate games in Japan.
- AMPHIBIOUS (Part 2 and Japanese release only) - Makes it impossible to drown.
- EMERALDS - Allows you to set the amount of Chaos Emeralds you have.
- FPS - Shows the current number of frames-per-second in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- COORDS - Shows Sonic's coordinates in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- CAMERA - Lets Sonic move in all directions without falling. Use # to toggle it mid-level.
There was a second release of the game for Verizon phones that strangely removed all of the sound effects.