Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
|Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour|
Also known as: Mario Golf: Family Tour (JP)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Search for a debug menu. Wouldn't be out of place for a Camelot game. There are lots of what seem to be debugging-related strings loaded into memory during gameplay.
02 is an arrangement of the Marion Club theme from Mario Golf: Advance Tour.
03 is an unknown track.
23 is another unknown track.
25 is an uptempo, subtly more percussive version of the first phrase of the title screen music. Given that it is one of the two tracks in the game that don't loop - with the other one being the ending theme - it might have been intended to be used in an alternative ending of some sort.
Congo Canopy in Ring Attack
Forcing the Ring Attack hole selection menu out of bounds past Bowser Badlands makes it present Congo Canopy like any other course, with an icon and holes of its own. However, no ring location data or unique strings seem to be left, as previewing the first hole merely loads data (sans the name of the hole, which is always shown as ?) from the previous hole previewed in the menu and scrolling to another softlocks the game. When the placeholder hole is selected, the player as well as the cup are often spawned out of bounds. The game does seem to load some of the Congo-specific data correctly, as its flag graphic is displayed where it usually would (in the top left corner of the screen, for example). Curiously enough, the course's own music as heard in other gamemodes is played instead of the Ring Attack-specific track that plays on all other courses. Should the player manage to complete the glitched hole selected, the game will hang after the character's celebration animation.
As 24 "?" strings are present in the RAM right after the hole names for Bowser Badlands, it is likely that at least some and at most 18 of these are dummied-out names for the holes on Congo Canopy.
Unused Ground Types
Cart Path Leaf Bare Ground Stone Bridge Wooden Bridge Path Pavement
Both kinds of bridges do appear in the final game, but their lies are simply indicated as "Rock" and "Wood" respectively.
This one is technically not unused, but to see it under normal conditions the ball has to lie right against the stem of a mushroom.
Upload images and sounds.
As the game was first in North America, its versions in other regions of the world were subjected to further refinements, primarily in gameplay and graphics.
- In Japan, the game is known as Mario Golf: Family Tour (マリオゴルフ ファミリーツアー Mario Gorufu Famirī Tsuā). This is reflected in the opening and ending cutscenes, as well as the title screen.
- Ball in-flight trails were made much shorter in length. Most full-power shot particle effects were toned down as well, excluding those of Mario, Bowser, Shadow Mario, and Bowser Jr.
- The Japanese version measures putting distances and wind speed in meters and meters per second instead of feet and miles per hour, respectively, as does the European version in every language other than English.
- In the American release, hole-in-ones on par 4 and par 5 holes are announced as albatrosses. This was fixed in the later two versions.
- Various fonts were changed, including the ones used for the "PAR" indicator at the upper left corner of the screen in gameplay and the post-shot distance/lie description.
- The text colors for messages like "Nice shot!", "Excellent!", and so on were revised.
- Various menu transitions were made much quicker, most notably when opening the pause menu and moving on to the scoreboard from the character celebration animation.
- Spin fire and the ball skipping over the hole were given new sounds.
- Computer-controlled characters are much quicker to calculate their shots and cycle through clubs faster.
- In the PAL version, Shadow Mario has proper taunts instead of repeated full stops.
- The unlock method for the Ace computer player difficulty (or MAX, as it is known in Japan) is different in each region:
- In the American version, beat every Star Tournament once with every non-Star character. This makes for a total of 102 Star Tournaments to be won! No wonder this was toned down in future versions.
- In the Japanese version, beat Bowser in his Character Match.
- In the PAL version, win the Bowser Star Championship.
Still a lot of strings to yet to be added...
voiceFXcall called with non-loaded chara %d voiceFXcall %d voiceFX out of range? %d weather called with 0x%x Wind volume of %d % 08.3f,% 08.3f,% 08.3f song pause song resume JVoiceLoad1 called with %d voiceUnload called when no voices were loaded! Unloading voice %d Adding envSFX %d courseConstSFXInit called without freeing last one! holeid not found. Overrun of constSFXhandles %d Adding %d at %f,%f,%f Adding omnisound %d Already have an omnisound? Ignoring %d Clearing envSFX Setting stereo sound Setting ProLogic2 sound Setting mono sound no taiki yet for chara playSong called with invalid songnumber. crossfade called with invalid songnumber. Crossfade called when no song playing... Invalid jingle number! Invalid narration number called. Narration called while narration in progress, aborting old... Sound for GAMECUBE TEST %d
These sound-related strings are among the first ones loaded.
AABBDisp%d mesh%d LG:%d LB:%d AR:%d AG:%d AB:%d COURSEHEAP ENVEFF SUN SUNCAPTURE JUGEM mur_0101_tee mur_0201_tee mur_0301_tee mur_0402_tee mur_0501_tee mur_0601_tee mur_0701_tee INTERTEX RAIN SAND COIN RING mur_0001_tee ADVERTISE CAMERA COURSESHAREDTEX MDL CourseOBJINSTANCE CourseOBJMGCMODEL tree yasi osw_5_a_1 osw_5_j_1 osw_5_j_hiru_1 mur_0105_hato mur_0101_hato mur_0106_hato mur_0301_jango mur_0401_kamo mur_0601_buble mur_0101_fish mur_0401_yotto mur_0501_puku _tee LSIN_1_D SIN_1_E SKO_1_C OSW_1_B SMZ_1_B SMZ_1_C SIN_1_B SIN_1_C SMZ_1_A SMZ_1_D SMZ_1_E SKO_1_B SKO_1_E OSW_1_A SIN_1_A KWA_1_A SKO_1_A SKO_1_D SMZ_2_A SKO_2_B SMZ_2_B SMZ_2_C SMZ_2_D SKO_2_A OSW_2_A OSW_2_B SKO_2_C OSW_2_C SIN_2_B SIN_2_C SKO_2_D OSW_2_D SIN_2_D SIN_2_E SIN_2_F SIN_2_A SMZ_3_A SMZ_3_B KWA_3_A OSW_3_A SKO_3_C SMZ_3_C SKO_3_A OSW_3_B SKO_3_B SKO_3_D OSW_3_C OSW_3_D KWA_3_C KWA_3_B OSW_3_E KWA_3_D SKO_3_E SMZ_3_D SMZ_4_A SMZ_4_B SMZ_4_C MTZ_4_A SMZ_4_G SMZ_4_H SMZ_4_F OSW_4_A OSW_4_B MTZ_4_B SMZ_4_D OSW_4_E SMZ_4_E OSW_4_F OSW_4_C OSW_4_H OSW_4_D OSW_4_G OSW_5_A SMZ_5_A OSW_5_C SMZ_5_G OSW_5_B OSW_5_D OSW_5_E OSW_5_F SMZ_5_B OSW_5_G SMZ_5_C SMZ_5_D OSW_5_H OSW_5_I SMZ_5_E SMZ_5_F SKO_5_A OSW_5_J OSW_6_A OSW_6_B OSW_6_C OSW_6_D SKO_6_A SKO_6_B SMZ_6_A SKO_6_C SMZ_6_B SKO_6_D SKO_6_E SMZ_6_C OSW_6_E SMZ_6_D SMZ_6_E OSW_6_F SMZ_6_F SKO_6_F SMZ_7_A SMZ_7_B SMZ_7_C SMZ_7_D SMZ_7_E SMZ_7_F SMZ_7_G SMZ_7_H SMZ_7_I SMZ_7_J SMZ_7_K SMZ_7_L SMZ_7_M SMZ_7_N SMZ_7_O SMZ_7_P SMZ_7_Q SMZ_7_R KWA_DR SMZ_PRA SMZ_PRB AWA_1 AWA_2 AWA_3 AWA_4 AWA_5 AWA_6
I'm in blue. /project5/metis/src/golf/club.cpp
A bizarre developer's note.
YAM TEST[%d] joypad x = %3d joypaD y = %3d CADVCAM::init
PEACH DAISY LUIGI YOSHI KOOPA WALUIGI WARIO MARIO_NISE DIDDY PAKKUN NOKONOKO upswing_ratio %f rf_upratio %f rtratio %f ltratio %f sang %f DONKEY upswing_ratio %f rf_upratio %f rtratio %f ltratio %f sang %f rotX %f rotZ %f TERESA CATHERINE PEACH GBWOMAN1 GBWOMAN2 GBWOMAN3 GBWOMAN4 CJugem::init WALUIGI GBMAN1 GBMAN2 GBMAN3 GBMAN4
tblserreset MARIO none REGU BACK CUP0 CUP1 CUP2 CUP3 CUPRNDALL CUPRND0-1 CUPRND2-3 BN-RIGHT BS-RIGHT BN-LEFT BS-LEFT AN-RIGHT AS-RIGHT AN-LEFT AS-LEFT tGM %d Course%d Hole%d %s (%d:%s) pad:%d tee:%s opt:%s PauseMenuHeap KAKIMOJI CharacterHeap
Assorted debugging strings.