If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
|Mario Golf: Advance Tour|
Also known as: Mario Golf: GBA Tour (JP)
This game has unused areas.
The debug mode can be enabled with 03001280:00000001. The controls are similar to the debug modes found in other games made by Camelot.
- Holding L will allow you to walk through walls.
- If you open the Pause Menu, you will see one extra option that doesn't seem to do anything; L and R buttons exit the screen.
- Press L+Start to open the Palette Menu.
- Press B+Start to open the Warp Debug Menu, which will allow you to go to any room in the game.
- Press B+Select to open the Story Book Flags Menu.
- Pressing Start + Select should make the frames pause; button presses will advance frames.
These features are unique to this game:
- Press Up+Start to get a Power Drink.
- Press Right+Start to get 2000 Pts.
- Press Down+Start to get these:
- "You can now play against Mario's Star character!"
- "Luigi has been added to the character-selection screen!"
- "The Dunes Tourney is now available in Story mode!"
- "Gene & Kid are now avilable in Story mode doubles matches." (Yes, there is a typo there, in-game. Additionally, the accompanying picture is of Sherry and Grace.)
- "Sherry is now available in Story mode singles matches!"
Some other things to do:
- Pressing L on the Options menu gives the message "Experience received from side games"(Unknown if this actually does anything.
- Pressing R on the Options menu gives the message "Experience received from Nintendo GameCube matches"(Unknown if this actually does anything.
- Pressing Select on the main menu gets you this:(Tip:To save these effects, as soon as you've selected your option(s), go to story mode and save and quit)
- This screen has multiple options:
- The first option seems to activate all of them at once.(It also adds the Nintendo GameCube option to the Records Menu.)
- The second option seems to unlock all characters, including the star forms. (It also defeats all of the character matches.)
- The third option unlocks all tournaments, including the Star Tournaments. It also unlocks the last - holes of Elf's Short Course.
- The fourth option seems to unlock all of the Star Courses.
- The fifth option seems to unlock all clubs.
- The sixth option doesn't seem to do anything but beat both the Match Plays for Marion.
There are also a few things inaccessible via the debug mode mentioned above, so use one of the following codes and press Start to access:
Broken Debug Menu
08070214:08075701 (US) 08070214:080755DD (EU)
A debug menu where none of the options seem to work? The options listed are: Status Confirmation, Initial Settings and Name Entry, List of Taunts and Supports, Experience Gained, Save, Load. If the debug mode is on, L and R buttons will also exit screen.
08070214:08075965 (US) 08070214:08075841 (EU/JP)
Yep, that's a sound test, all right.
These rooms can be accessed via debug mode's Warp Debug Menu.
- This room contains four npcs.
- The bottom-left npc gives a custom ticket.
- The one above that let's you trade in the ticket for any of the clubs.
- The Top-left npc opens the Glossary.
- The Top-right npc will follow you, ala your doubles partner.
- AKITEST contains three trophies:
- Interacting with the bottom trophy will open the level-up screen for your character with one level to spend. You can back out with B
- The middle one is the same, but with 5 levels.
- Top trophy gives you 10 levels.
- These are copies of actual rooms. They also have some objects that give you level-ups.
- If you enter any of these rooms with an entrance value of 0, there will be a chicken who, upon being interacted with, will send you to a hole, but sometimes you'll be so far off the map, you'll always get an OB.
- Both these seem to use course maps, and contain tiny signs that will play the overworld enemy(klepto, etc.) animations.
Virtual Console Changes
It is impossible to link the game to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour due to lack of support for the Nintendo GameCube – Game Boy Advance link cable.