If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Mario Party 4
|Mario Party 4|
Mario Party 4 is the first GameCube Mario Party game. The first of four.
Replace filesel.bin (data Folder) and fileeseldll.rel (dll folder) with E3Setup.bin, and E3SetupDLL.rel to replace the main game menu with an earlier one seen at E3, or alternatively use the Gecko code 04130030 8012F7B5 (NTSC-U).
Interestingly, Donkey Kong and Wario can't be selected on this menu, presumably because their characters weren't done in time for E3.
"Vivration" changes the Rumble setting.
Two game modes can be selected:
- "Board" leads to a choice between Toad's Midway Madness and Goomba's Greedy Gala. As soon as the game starts in Board mode, the game goes straight to the "Last 5 Turns" screen. After that, the game will continue like normal. Unlike "Mini-Game" mode, there are explanation screens when the game starts the mini-games.
- "Mini-Game" gives a list of mini-games to play. These mini-games boot up without explanation screens.
Once a game is finished, the player is booted back to the menu.
The following mini-games are available:
- Trace Race
- Three Throw
- Mr. Blizzard's Brigade
- Stamp Out!
- Hide and Go BOOM!
- Tree Stomp
- The Great Deflate
- Order Up
- Fruits of Doom
- Chain Chomp Fever
Replace w01.bin (data folder) and w01Dll.rel (dll folder) with selmenu.bin and selmenuDll.rel or use Gecko Code 0412FEC8 8012FB2E (PAL) or 041300A8 8012FD0E (NTSC-U). Start a new Party Mode game and select Toad's Midway Madness as the board. Once the game starts, you should boot into a debug menu!
(This is the easiest way to access this menu without the game crashing)
Press Up/Down to select a mini-game, and Left/Right to switch between pages.
The A / Start Button chooses a mini-game, and the B Button goes to the previous menu.
Before a mini-game is played, this rudimentary character select screen appears.
There are two special options in this menu: "MESS CHECK" and "STORY TEST"
- A Button: Next message.
- B Button: Previous message.
- L Button: Previous message bank.
- R Button: Next message bank.
- Start Button: Exit menu.
- Up/Down: Change selection.
- Left/Right: Change clear flags.
- A Button: Choose selected option.
- B Button: Go to previous set of choices.
Press the A Button on the clear flags menu to play the scene.
Use the Gecko Code 041300B8 8012FC2A (NTSC-U) or 0412FE50 8012FA4A (PAL) and start Shy Guy's Jungle Jam to be sent into this screen. This screen tests minigame start and end animations.
In the Order Up mini-game, in all versions of the game there is a poster with the caption 'Kinopio Burger'. As Kinopio is Toad's Japanese name, this is a detail that was overlooked during localization.
Memory Usage Meter
The memory usage meter from the N64 games is back with minor changes. Use the Gecko code 0402FB80 60000000 (NTSC-U) will activate it. The box is now quite a bit smaller.
Reversal of Fortune Explanation
The Reversal of Fortune has an explanation screen that is never seen due to be directly loaded in a board. The code 00131CBA 00000000 (NTSC-U) will add the minigame to the 4-player minigames list.