If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
|Mario Kart 8 Deluxe|
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a enhanced port of the Wii U game, including new characters, a revamped Battle Mode, and the ability to hold two items at once.
DLC icons from the Wii U release were leftover in the game, and go unused here since all of the past DLC was built into Deluxe. The grey versions are specular maps, and the bottom image is a normal map for all icons.
Removed Test Track
There are leftovers for a test track called "test_DanceFloor" in \Course\EAD. All that remains is some lighting data.
Internal Project Name
The project's internal name is "TurboS", according to multiple strings. "Turbo" is Mario Kart 8's internal project name.
Comparison screenshots of the Inkling Girl's animation change, perhaps?
A patch was released on May 17, 2017 that made the following changes to the game:
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can now spectate a full friend group while they wait to join.
- Mirror and 200cc races appear less often in "Worldwide" and "Regional" online matches.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from creating a friend lobby when they have 100 or more friends.
- Starting positions in online matches now properly reflect the order in which the players join.
- Miis now properly show facial expressions during matches.
- The Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
- Changed one of Inkling Girl's animations for hitting another player with an item. This is due to the animation resembling an obscene gesture.
The second patch was released on June 28, 2017, making the following changes:
- Players can use the new Pikmin amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Items are rebalanced for online play to further aid those who are falling behind.
- No more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time in online matches.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- The item roulette no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- If possible, the Boomerang now returns to the first item slot after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- It is now no longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.